Terms of Service
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The University of Northampton acts as a data controller and the UN Business Support Team, a processor.
For the purposes of the project, we will collect data which includes personal data. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is legitimate interest. We have no formal contract with the client and is a process where the client may approach us for advice at their own interest. The client may withdraw at any time.
The personal data we will collect includes:
• Name of contact point within a business engaged with or individual engaged with;• Address;
• Phone number;
• Email address;
This is to allow us to contact you, the client, for providing future services we believe relevant to the business.
Your details will be stored securely in a digital format on a GDPR compliant CRM system and/or as a physical document, retained in compliance with GDPR principle five.
We will retain this information only as long as is necessary to the client’s needs or at the clients request to have their data removed.
The data collected is your personal data, in line with GDPR you have the right, subject to lawful data requirements:
- To see what data we have about you;
- to confirm that your personal data is being processed and access that personal data;
- to rectify personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete and to restrict processing until rectified;
- to ask us to delete or correct your data;
- to be provided with your personal data in machine readable format;
- to ask us to stop using your data;
- to lodge a complaint with the independent Information Commissioner (ICO) if you think we are not handling your data fairly or in accordance with the law.
You can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/ or telephone 0303 123 1113.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing by contacting our Events Business and Marketing Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 08449 800 760.
For any information on the above, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or by telephone 08449 800 760.