UK Social Enterprise Awards 2017 – 10 Reasons to Apply
The UK Social Enterprise Awards will take place on the 23rd November in central London. Budding social enterprises who fancy having the spotlight swung in their direction have until 7th July to enter.
If you operate a business within this sector, you may be wondering why you should take the time to apply. Good news: the award organisers, SEUK, have sent us 10 reasons you should do just that, and we’d love to share them with you!
1. It’s fun! Being able to engage and network with like-minded social entrepreneurs in one fantastic evening is incomparable. You may even do a deal or two.
2. Shortlisted organisations get priority booking and discounted tickets to the award ceremony. Last year’s event sold out in three days!
3. Entering allows you to benchmark how competitive your business is.
4. Submitting an application helps you gain exposure to our high profile sponsors, which last year included Natwest, PwC, Johnson & Johnson, Wates, Santander and the British Council.
5. Applying helps showcase your organisation and the projects/charities that you support.
6. Entering helps demonstrate to your employees how much you value them and their contribution to your organisation.
7. You don’t have to be a social enterprise to enter – Social Investment Deal of the Year and the ‘Buy Social’ – Market Builder Award are open to other organisations.
8. Being recognised earns you free press: the awards have previously gained coverage in The Independent, Pioneer’s Postand a host of other publications. Previous winners have also used the Awards to gain local and sector specific press coverage.
9. Winning wins you business: “We’ve won new clients as a result of the award because it has contributed to brand recognition and credibility. It also enabled us to talk about social enterprise in our sector’s media, a great way to further consumer understanding of what social enterprise is.” Cecilia Crossley, From Babies with Love – Winner of 2016 Consumer Facing Award.
10. UK Social Enterprise Awards are the pinnacle of achievement in our sector. Applying strengthens your brand as a business trading for social or environmental purposes.
For information on all of the categories and how to apply click here.